23.6.11

Let's All Be Uncomfortable


This week is officially Let's All Be Uncomfortable week. I've had awkward experiences literally everyday of this week. Let's break it down.

Monday: Actually, let's not talk about this one. We'll just say it started with me reading library books in a park because I couldn't be in my house, and it just got more uncomfortable from there. Some things are better left unsaid.

Tuesday: Ok. Confession. I drown my sorrows in Taco Bell. And I eat there a lot when I'm not drowning my sorrows. My bff and I often go there for Taco Bonding Time, where we sit and spill our guts while eating tacos. Fun fact? The employees recognize me. I'm pretty sure they know all about my life. I'm also 100% positive I applied for a job there. Ginger Drive-Thru Employee Man gives me this knowing smile every time I go in. He definitely gave me one on Tuesday when I ordered the 1/2 lb potato burrito.

Wednesday: The Realtor forgot to call. I was patching and painting when the Potential Home Buyers arrived. After a quick escape, my sister kindly informed me that I'd been walking around in public, waving at people we knew, with an enormous amount of paint on my butt. Yay.

Thursday: Beluga decided she needed a new engine. For a one-car family, this is a disaster. When the mechanics simultaneously inform you of the time frame of the repair and ask you to fill out paperwork for a ride home, you often look like an idiot. The silent twenty minute drive home in the courtesy van is fun, too, particularly when you manage to get lost.

This will all be really funny. Next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment