22.8.11

Things I Love About The South

These are mostly food. Because if you have ever had Southern food, you know that it is to die for.

I'm already trying to gain a natural-sounding accent. I'm retreating so far into my roots I might as well be running backwards.

  • Grits, every morning if I want. Yes. :)
  • Barbecue, like the real stuff.
  • Hush puppies.
  • Caribou Coffee
  • GoodBerry's Frozen Yogurt, and the cute, scruffy employee
  • It's green all over here :)
  • The bugs make silly noises
  • Most of my extended family is an hour and a half away, maximum
  • The Accents. Need I say more?
  • Humidity. I like it, ok? I'm weird.
  • The general Southernness.
If you've no idea what the South is like, I recommend you either get your butt down here, or at the very least do some research via books and movies. Although I will have to warn you that in Southern movies, someone usually dies. Fried Green Tomatoes is my current favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment