4.8.11

Sometimes You Win. Sometimes You Drive Into Retaining Walls.

I usually like driving. Sometimes, I love driving. Today I did not love driving at all. Picking my mom up from work, there was some horrible traffic weirdness. First, this loser cop pulls across three lanes and blocks off an entire city block...for no reason. There was nothing behind him. The other direction of traffic kept going. Then, he stands in front of his squad car, wiggling his fingers the way moms do when their kids are misbehaving. This apparently means "Large truck!! Turn right NOW, but make sure you're not the first car in the lane, so you have to dodge a bunch of others first." Eventually I made the turn, dumb truck aside. Next, construction shuttled me into the LONGEST left-turn queue onto a one-way street I've ever seen. One light cycle, the only thing that got to turn was a bus. Of course, when it is finally my turn, some horrid Subaru decides that because it's a one-way, it's totally ok to make the left turn from behind me. He's lucky I'm a ninja and didn't squash him under Beluga's mighty tires. After turning the trip from my mom's office to the bank which should have been 2 minutes into a 15 minute ordeal, I finally got to the parking lot. Where a giant black pick-up truck lurched suddenly across the lot in front of me from a parking space. They clearly had important things to be doing, and couldn't wait for me to actually park. Once again, it was lucky my foot was ready to ninja that brake. As at last I turned into a parking space, I said to my mom, "These people all just suck. They are awful at driving. AW. FUL." And that, my friends, is when I drove into a retaining wall.

My brake ninja foot deserves a medal. I didn't damage the car. Or the wall.

I hate driving, especially when it's done by other people.

No comments:

Post a Comment